SALLY PORT FARM
A multilevel farming community built upon ancient, abandoned infrastructure.
Numbered Works No. 2,
A small, system-agnostic setting to drop into your sci-fi RPG. Includes maps, random encounters, a buggy, and fungi.
- Solid concrete. Unlocked.
- Can be lifted by three people.
- Allows direct access to the bunker kitchen.
2. SHED, TOP FLOOR
- Del’s haunt. Bed roll, dehydrated fruit, pipeweed. Messy.
- Slingshot, rocks.
- Climbing rope, harness.
3. SHED, LOWER FLOOR
- Tools, gloves, crossbow, handheld radio, fishing net.
- Hatch to the bunkers concealed under woven mat. Locked.
- Precarious, impractical, swings.
- Guss and Del walk the skyway easily. Nobody else does.
- Concrete. No visible entrance.
- A single arrowslit on each wall.
- Concealed vents on roof.
6. BLOCK AND TACKLE
- Allows lifting of heavy objects.
- Electric, lacking batteries.
- Seating for 3, plus cargo.
- Radio. Map drawn on floor.
8. UPPER LAB
- In cooler months, home for Guss.
- Seedlings, mosses, fungi in assorted growing mediums.
- Insect hatchery. Snail farm.
- Bed roll, kettle, hotplate.
- Small desk with radio, writing implements, cyberdeck.
- Three keys on a loop of string hanging on a nail. One opens the bunker hatch. One starts the buggy. One is a lock-blocker.
1d6 SURFACE ENCOUNTERS
- TV-EYE, hovering surveillance drone. Will pursue you if left unchallenged. Persistent.
- CAMELS, roaming in herds. If followed may reveal other settlements, oases.
- GUSS, farmer. Wry, lean, dark-eyed. Poppy tea drinker. Wants to be left alone.
- FORAGERS wander the landscape seeking protein, information, water. Generous.
- KABE, farmer. Strong, restless, welcoming. Loves but wants to leave the farm.
- DEL, 14. Kabe's sibling. Hates the farm. Rock-thrower, thief.
A cool, secure space for living and farming. Protection from heat waves and wildfires. Softly lit by bioluminescent fungi and fluorescent corals.
- Via locked hatch.
- Smells of salt, seaweed. A breeze.
- Anchor points on floor and ceiling.
- East: 50 foot drop to an unlocked grate. West: Unknown depth, doors at 50 and 60 feet.
3. LOW ROAD
- A thoroughfare between understructures.
- Coral, mollusc, barnacle encrusted.
- Fills with sea water at high tide. Low tide: 0000, 1200hrs. High: 0600, 1800hrs. Floods east, ebbs west.
4. CLOUD ROOM
- Full of suspended plants, fungi, purple light.
- Air is thick with nutrient fog.
- Concealed storage embedded in western wall.
- Smells of fresh rain.
- Equipped for cooking and preserving. Dehydrator.
- Freshwater well.
- Capstone at ceiling may be opened from above to allow surface access.
6. BREAK ROOM
- Table, chairs, dirty boots.
- Upper platform grants access to pillbox arrowslits.
- Bathroom, bedrooms to the north.
- Entry to pantry hidden behind map on wall.
- Densely packed with provisions. Dehydrated, canned, and fermented fruits, vegetables, seaweeds.
- Dried insects.
- Medicinal and psychotropic herbs, fungi.
- Water. Weapons. Batteries.
- Soft eggs of unknown origin, 1ft long, stored in liquid.
1d6 LOW ROAD ENCOUNTERS
- UNDERCOWS travel in herds, feed on sea beans, slime. Milk is drinkable but salty. Hairless.
- COLLECTORS carrying tools, climbing equipment. Seeking tech to salvage. Silent.
- WHITE CROCODILE is sparkling, intelligent, hungry.
- BEACHED DOLPHIN will not survive until high tide without assistance. Telepathic.
- CONVOY rushes to beat the tide. Families on buggies, utes, motorbikes. Desperate.
- GRAND CAECILIAN seeks her eggs. Follows their scent. Enormous. Livid. Oozes toxins.